Thursday, October 2, 2008

Michael Fassbender talks about Inglorious Bastards



Enjoy some gorgeous new pics of Michael Fassbender from the festival circuit promoting Hunger, which is getting Oscar buzz and RAVES! Two recent interviews reveal that Michael's career may be about to explode:

Instead of auditions now I go to lunches. Everyone takes me out and wants a piece of what they perceive to be the ‘Michael Fassbender Product’ that could make money in the next year. That’s what they hear. That’s pretty cool, having that power,” the sexy and mischievously smiley Irish actor told indieWIRE.
IGN: How was it meeting Tarantino for the first time?

Fassbender: It was amazing, fantastic. He’s a film enthusiast. I love that you can mention any film to him, and he doesn’t only know the f**king film, he’ll quote sections of the film to you, I love that, I’m a film geek, too.

IGN: Tarantino loves Italian B-movies. Is this anything like the Enzo G. Castellari-directed 1978 Italian WWII movie Inglorious Bastards (Quel maledetto treno blindato)?

Fassbender: I haven’t seen the original to be honest. I don’t know, this plot is very much in a Quentin Tarantino-style. The dialogue; the rapid sort of response between characters.

IGN: Who do you play?

Fassbender: I play Hicox, Lt. Hicox, who is an English guy who posing as a German soldier.

IGN: What happens to him?

Fassbender: I can’t tell you that, Jesus Christ.

IGN: Tarantino is well known for changing the script on set, are you prepared for the dialogue to change, or to do some serious ad-libbing?

Fassbender: Look, I always think my job is to tell a story. The character within a script is to tell a story, I’m just going to make sure that my German is good, because he might want to drift off the script, just like you said, so I have to make sure that I’m prepared enough on the German. I prepare in a very disciplined fashion, in terms of the script. I work on it, over and over again, until I’m sick of it, and then I work on it a couple of other times, so I just prepare for getting it on the page and then I relax.

IGN: Do you think that acting in a Tarantino film will be something that changes your career?

Fassbender: I just want to keep working and working with interesting people. He’s definitely up there at the top of the list in terms of interesting directors, but I just want to keep on getting the chance to work and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment