Saturday, May 31, 2008

James McAvoy prefers to do Washing Up



Okay, now he's almost too perfect. James McAvoy tells the Daily Record that he prefers washing up to the high life.

ACTOR James McAvoy is poised to become the latest movie action hero.

But the Scots star says his real life is more soap opera than thriller and he loves nothing more than getting stuck into the washing up.

In the comic book thriller Wanted, out this month, McAvoy, 28, plays an assassin who can shoot the wings off a fly.

But McAvoy, who stars alongside Angelina Jolie, says he is frightened of guns - and gets his kicks from cooking and doing the dishes.

He said: "People seem to be shocked when I tell them that I like to do my own washing-up. I mean doing the dishes.

"I think people assume because you do a couple of movies, you're living the high life.

"And I really don't. I have a fairly normal existence.

"I like to think that if I did earn millions and millions, I would hope I didn't hire a cook or bottle washer.

"It's an absolutely joy to cook. I eat out so much because of my job. When I'm at home and not working, I cook all the time. It's one of the things that we've all done since the beginning of time. I'd feel like I was distancing myself from the rest of humanity if I didn't cook."

No comments:

Post a Comment