Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Zack Snyder on NPR


I was driving in my car yesterday, not really paying attention to the NPR story playing as it was about the Brett Favre soap opera. Then, all of a sudden I hear Zack Snyder's voice -- Zack Snyder, director of Watchmen and 300. Evidently he's a Wisconsin native and rabid Favre and Packers fan. Who knew? It just was one of those bizarre moments with two things you don't expect together -- Zack Snyder and All Things Considered?! LOL! (And yes, I do realize that I'm a total movie geek if I can recognize a director's voice from all the '300' interviews I watched and listened to.)

Zack compared Favre to the "reluctant gunslinger" on the quintessential hero's journey.

That's what it begs. It begs those moments behind the scenes where he's grappling with his own demons, and you see the man behind the mythology which makes it even more compelling.

Listen to the short piece here

1 comment:

  1. Dude! You scooped not only TMZ, but Perez as well!

    ***APPLAUSE***

    ReplyDelete