Sunday, August 17, 2008

Snatch - mini-review


After sitting through a truly sucky film (more on that shortly), I came home and watched the terrific Snatch. I'm catching up on Guy Ritchie's films in preparation for RocknRolla's October release.

I thoroughly enjoyed Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, and Snatch is in a very similar vein. Lots of interesting characters, gangsters and mayhem. Following the success of Lock Stock, Guy Ritchie was able to get some very cool actors for Snatch. Benicio del Toro and Dennis Farina are hilarious, but Brad Pitt steals the movie as an Irish gypsy with an accent that is incomprehensible and a riot. RocknRolla is supposed to be very much like Lock Stock and Snatch, and to me that's great news because I loved both films.

Three and a half stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment