Thursday, August 28, 2008

Aaron Sorkin to write Facebook film


Hollywood Reporter writes:

Aaron Sorkin is about to get a whole lot of friends on Facebook.

Sorkin, one of the town's biggest writers and show creators, is in negotiations to write an untitled film project about the founders of the popular social networking site that Scott Rudin will produce for Columbia.

Sorkin broke the news on Facebook when he opened up his own account.

"I understand there are a few other people using Facebook pages under my name -- which I find more flattering than creepy -- but this is me. I don't know how I can prove that but feel free to test me," he wrote before going on to talk about the movie project.

"I figured a good first step in my preparation would be finding out what Facebook is, so I've started this page. (Actually it was started by my researcher, Ian Reichbach, because my grandmother has more Internet savvy than I do and she's been dead for 33 years.)"


Sorkin also asked the Facebook public for any stories relating to the site.

Facebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg while studying at Harvard along with pals Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. At first, membership was restricted to Harvard students, then expanded to all Ivy League schools before going on to open up for all universities and high schools in Canada and the U.S. The site now has more than 100 million users worldwide.

Despite offers in the billions of dollars, Zuckerberg has steadfastly remained independent.

"I feel about this introduction the way I felt about 'Sophie's Choice': It could have been funnier," Sorkin finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment