Saturday, August 2, 2008

Richard Armitage interview


This one's for Amy!
Bits & Bobs, the EW Anglophile blog, has a very cool interview with Richard Armitage of BBC's Robin Hood, and now MI-5. He reveals that the character of Guy of Gisborne's sister will be joining Robin Hood, and there may be a flashback episode.

How do you feel about the fact that Guy is so evil, yet so beloved at the same time?
I think it could be the thing of loving to hate the bad guys. I suppose the difficulty with a character like this is that I feel sometimes that I've failed to alienate people enough and maybe I've let them into his psyche too much. But I had to try and find a way to forgive him for what he does. I think it stems from the fact that I made him have some kind of faith. It's a private faith. I liked the idea that there was somebody who could go out and slaughter people and then go home and say his prayers. Which perhaps gives him a glimmer of humanity or compassion. It's his failing in the show, but maybe that's what people feel gives him the potential to be redeemed.


See Bits & Bobs best of Richard Armitage with a list of great clips to watch HERE!

1 comment:

  1. Bless you, my child! Thanks for that snippet- I went and found the rest of the article on EW online. What a great interview! I just love this man and his sense of humor. Keep 'em coming as you find them, Mel. *grin*

    Amy

    P.S. So watch him in North & South already! lol

    ReplyDelete