Monday, November 3, 2008

Bye Good?


The words "Good Bye" were penned on the actor's knuckles at a premiere Saturday night for his latest film, "Two Lovers," and Phoenix confirmed a surprise announcement he made last week: He's giving up movies.

"I think it's just moving on. It's rediscovering something else," said Phoenix.

"Two Lovers" is his last film, he said. His publicist had disclosed Friday that the actor intended to focus on music.

You know, I'm not saying he's a bad singer, and he did win a Grammy for the Walk the Line soundtrack. But, I view this "retirement" with skepticism. Maybe like Daniel Day-Lewis, another intense actor, he needs to take a years long break from acting, and I'll just hope that like Daniel, we'll see him back in movies some time in the future. And I'm sure music will be easier for the dyslexic Joaquin!

1 comment: