Monday, November 17, 2008

Buckle Up...The Wait Is Over - Star Trek Trailer Is Here!!


I have been counting down the hours till I could watch this awesome new trailer for Star Trek in high quality again rather than the camcorder bootleg found on YouTube this weekend. Oh, happy day, it is Monday and it's here, the wait is over. It blew my socks off before Quantum this weekend.



Find it here in high quality, on Apple's Trailer site in Quicktime. Watch it in HD, it's worth it!

How do I love this new trailer? Let me count the ways. J. J. Abrams, you sly devil. The trailer starts out with a speeding 20th century convertible, in chase by with sirens blaring. The kid jumps out of the car at the last minute while the car careens over the cliff. Only then, when we switch to the view of the cop, who appears to be a robot with an air motorcycle, do we realize this is sci-fi. The kid says, "My name is James Tiberius Kirk!" and I whooped inside because now we know it's the Star Trek trailer. Only then do they play the Paramount and Bad Robot logos. One of the coolest openers to a trailer anywhere, and just brilliant.

So many cool flashes go by in quick succession. Simon Pegg as Scotty, "I like this ship. It's exciting!" LOL! Kirk arguing with Spock, "Why don't you make me!" The trailer ends with the very cool and evil looking Eric Bana saying "The wait is over." No, the wait ends in May when this movie finally comes out!

Yes, the movie could still suck, but I am hopeful. I am so hopeful, and whoever edited this trailer together is a genius. I've watched it half a dozen times already!

Update: Finally found the embed code on Awards Daily, and this hilarious comment.

350 years from now, no real progress beyond the Wonderbra. Or the male need to sneak a peek at one. Fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment