Friday, July 25, 2008

Russell Brand to host MTV Awards


After seeing Forgetting Sarah Marshall, the actor who made the most impression on me was the hilarious Russell Brand. MTV has just announced that he will be hosting the MTV Video Music Awards in September. While not very well known yet in the US, he's been working as a VJ for MTV in England.

Brand told the AP that he hadn't started thinking about how he would approach the assignment _ not that there's much planning to be done for the infamously anything-goes show.

"I've just been invited to do it," Brand said in a telephone interview from London. "It'll be good to preside over what is sure to be only vaguely coordinated televised insanity."

Not that chaos or improv a problem for the 33-year-old comedian.

"That's how I've made my name in this country: Flying very much by the seat _ and the crotch _ of my pants."

Hat tip: Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment