Sunday, July 27, 2008

NYT Magazine interviews Matthew Goode


Anyone wonder why I adore Matthew Goode, who is currently starring in Brideshead Revisited, and will be in the upcoming Watchmen? Watch this interview and be charmed as Matthew has a glass of wine with us.

More glorious pics and a further interview in the magazine:

After “Match Point,” Goode was deluged with offers to play similar characters. “When it comes to acting, it is very limiting to be English,” he said. “It was ‘Bring on the posh!’ All the parts I was being offered involved my accent or someone with money and title. Charles Ryder was a departure. He’s nothing like those other men. And nothing like me.”

I find it a very traumatic experience to watch myself in films. It makes me physically sick: I get hot in my nether regions and have to take a sponge bath.” Goode laughed. “I just don’t buy me. It’s hard to watch my booming self.”


Now, if only Brideshead's limited release would reach my suburban theaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment