Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Time Traveler's Wife


I was thinking about Eric Bana today after viewing the new Hulk trailer, and I wondered what he's up to. (Still haven't seen The Other Boleyn Girl -- looked like a rental film.) He's starring in The Time Traveler's Wife, due out Christmas Day.

It's one of my favorite books. Eric will play a man who travels through time, and he has no control over it. The love story unfolds as he meets his wife, and then meets her as a child and through her life. I can't recommend the book enough. Just excellent writing and a very different, but beautifully told, love story. The Christmas release date may mean they hope for Oscar consideration. I've always admired Eric's work -- he was the best damn thing in Troy besides Brad Pitt's naked bum. Maybe this will be a role that gets him some recognition. He's also in Star Trek, maybe as the villain?

Did you know that Eric Bana started his career as a stand-up comedian in Australia? Kind of hard to picture that with the kind of serious dramatic roles he's done in Hollywood, but I guess he was quite a famous comedian there with his own TV show, and known for his impressions.

5 comments:

  1. I'm pretty excited about the movie. Some people think I resemble Rachel McAdams. Can't wait to see Eric and I on the big screen together! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book was amazing. I really hope the movie turns out well too. *fingers crossed* I about did a backflip when I heard they were making it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved...loved this book but I must say I was disappointed when I saw EB was playing Henry...I was really hoping GB would get the part. I kept thinking "The Hulk" and beating my head against the wall..then I remembered Eric in "Troy". I agree he was the best thing in that horrible movie. So let's keep our fingers crossed that they will do this book right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya...Eric was not the Henry of my imaginings either. Edward Norton though...he would've been really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure Eric is how I imagined Henry either. I'll withhold judgment till I see the film. And Janene DOES look like Rachel McAdams!

    ReplyDelete