Monday, April 28, 2008

You only like skinny guys . . .



Went out with friends to see Persepolis tonight. I'll review that tomorrow, but a comment Janene made tonight demands some immediate attention. Due to my recent posting of pics of Shia LaBeouf and many of James McAvoy, Janene thinks I ONLY like skinny guys. Mainly, it's the accent, not how slender, that is key. But in Shia's case, he's kind of the up and coming John Cusack. More on Shia to come in another post, as Janene's education on Shia is sorely lacking.

Hugh Jackman has to be a non-skinny case in point. Saw him live on Broadway doing Boy From Oz, and he was slender for that, I do admit. He literally danced his ass off in that play! He's bulked up for the filming of Wolverine now, but I cannot WAIT to see him in Baz Luhrman's Australia due out Nov. 14. This will be Baz's first film since 2001's Moulin Rouge. Check out these promo stills above by clicking on them to see them full size. Yum! And he will have his native Aussie accent in this one! I was a goner for Hugh when I saw Kate & Leopold.

And then there's Gerard Butler. Janene, have you SEEN 300 yet? If not, I may have to force a copy into your hands.


Not just Gerry, but Michael Fassbender in that one. I think we need a little Raining Men to round out this post! 300 is a chick flick because the movie is just RAINING barely-clothed six pack NON-skinny men!

5 comments:

  1. Hugh Jackman AND Gerard Butler AND Michael Fassbender ALL IN ONE POST!??

    *thunk*

    P.S. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just trying to rattle you in hopes you would post the Raining Men video on your blog. 300 is great, but this video is EXCELLENT! Looking forward to seeing more muscle in your upcoming blog postings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Janene, your ploy worked and Raining Men got posted! LOL. It's one of my favorite vids that my friend Kaione made. Any favorite muscle boys I should keep my eye on, Janene?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I strongly prefer "tall, dark and handsome", for example Eric Bana. I can drop the "tall" for guys like Colin Farrell, Karl Urban, Skeet Ulrich, Jet Li, Chow Yun-Fat and Johnny Depp. If I must talk just "handsome", that would be Jude Law, Brad Pitt, Josh Duhamel, Viggo Mortensen (though not as attractive now that the mystery of what lies beneath is gone), Matthew Machoney (in a limited "don't speak" kind of way), Patrick Wilson (after Little Children - why not?), and George Clooney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matthew in a limited "don't speak" kind of way. *snort*

    Janene, you crack me up! I'd have to agree with your list. Probably prefer the tall, dark and handsome ones myself, but having some sort of Aussie, Scottish, Irish or English accent is a BIG plus in my book!

    ReplyDelete