Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Robert Downey Jr. as Lestat?




There's a rumor bouncing around that Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles may be revived on the silver screen with Robert Downey, Jr. as Lestat. Lestat was played by Tom Cruise in Interview with a Vampire, and then by Stuart Townsend in Queen of the Damned. I think Robert Downey, Jr. would make an amazing Lestat.

And what does author Anne Rice think of the RDJ rumor?

"I can say without hesitation that I love Robert Downey Jr. and I think he would make a fabulous Vampire Lestat. He is a major actor, a powerhouse of talent and personality, and he evinces an irrepressible and seductive charm. He would bring great energy and skill to the role. I would love to see this happen. I've loved Robert Downey Jr. ever since I saw him in Restoration years ago, and I thought he was magical and powerful in Iron Man ... Some are saying he is too old to play the part. This is absolutely not true. He is quite youthful. Besides, Lestat is a man when he is made into a vampire. A twenty year old man in the 18th century is the equivalent of an older man today. Age just shouldn't be an issue here, not with an actor of this scope and charisma. - I'm thrilled at the prospect that this rumor might be true."

3 comments:

  1. Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease...! Hope this rumor is true. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... no, please no... i'm very sad. ;o;

    ReplyDelete