Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Hangover - Mini-review



I am late to The Hangover train. I had heard from several people that it was HILARIOUS, but for various reasons, I hadn't had a chance to see it until now. OMG. It is so funny. I laughed very hard. Yes, it's about a juvenile bachelor party gone wild, but this is great writing, and so nice to see some new talent make good in a break out hit. Bradley Cooper has kind of snuck up on us, playing the bad guy in Wedding Crashers and other supporting roles. His star is ascending, and man, he is a cutie. Quite talented and funny. Ed Helms and other Daily Show alums have a good showing too, but the scene stealer by far is Zach Galifianakis (with the baby above!) This guy is very much in demand now for future starring roles, and I love his awkward Between Two Ferns interview web series on Funny or Die. Check out this one with his co-star Bradley Cooper.

All the great word of mouth you've heard about this film is definitely true. It's a must see, and I give it three and half stars. I'm looking forward to more from Zach Galifianakis in the future, and I'm glad Bradley Cooper scored a Rom Com with Sandra Bullock (All About Steve). Can we please be done with Matthew McConaughey, and move on to the new blonde go to guy from now on? Thank you.

Check out this red band clip to get a taste of The Hangover:

No comments:

Post a Comment