Thursday, July 16, 2009

EW has pics from Iron Man 2 this week



It's Comic Con time, gang, and first up is a release of a pic of Scarlett Johannson as Black Widow in Iron Man 2. Mickey Rourke plays the villain Whiplash. The EW article has a few interesting quotes:

Rourke, for his part, wanted to instill some lightness into the role of the heavy. "I told Favreau, 'I don't want to just play him as a one-dimensional p----,'" he says. "He let me have a cockatoo, who I talk to and get drunk with while I’m making my suit."
Wait, a cockatoo?? Okayyy.
Adding more flesh and blood to the new movie, Scarlett Johansson joined the cast as Stark’s mysterious new assistant, Natasha, who has an alter ego of her own, Black Widow. That introduction inevitably sparks romantic tension between Stark and former assistant Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow), who’s been promoted to CEO of Stark Industries. "The men want it to be, like, 'Ooh, the girls are fighting over Tony,' but it's not as standard as that," says Paltrow. "There's a weird male catfight fantasy. Downey agrees. He believes what differentiates the franchise from other superhero series can be summarized as follows: "We're horny. Not, like, can't-bring-your-kids horny, but just…horny."
Horny Robert Downey, Jr. does it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment