Sunday, October 26, 2008

Stubble musings


I gave a snort of laughter, at seeing THIS picture of Gerry in Andrew Sullivan's blog this morning in a post about stubble mysteries. The photo is credited: (Photo: hottie Gerard Butler by Chris Jackson/Getty.)

Appleyard is firmly anti-stubble:

Stubble has been on my mind lately - not the best place for it - because I was recently in an office where every - and I do mean every - man had stubble. Furthermore, all the stubble seemed to be exactly the same length. This clone-effect began to give me a strange, Stepford Husbands feeling. But it also made me realise that I had no idea how men maintain stubble. (Is it just right the right length once every three days, meaning that those office workers had, somehow, synced themselves? If happening naturally, this would make stubble the male equivalent of women's periods. Or perhaps they had all agreed to shave on the same day - more likely but more disturbing.)

How Gerry always has the perfect stubble length has puzzled me, too! LOL! Andrew Sullivan's political blog frequently has other weird stuff, and he's firmly in the bear bearded camp, but now we know he's also a Gerry fan! Never thought I'd tag a post with both Andrew Sullivan and Gerard Butler!

2 comments: