Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Johnny Rotten shills butter




Well, this is a sign of the apocalypse. Sex Pistols singer Johnny Rotten doing a commercial for Country Life Butter in Britain.


One-time punk pin-up and sometime anarchist John Lydon has mellowed further into middle age by starring in a £5m TV campaign for Country Life butter.

"People know I only do things that I want to or that I believe in and I have to do it my way," said Lydon on deciding to appear in the TV ad.

"I've never done anything like this before and never thought I would, but this Country Life ad was made for me and I couldn't resist the opportunity."
In recent years Lydon has led a quiet life, gaining attention in 2006 by competing in I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!, in which he was pecked by a group of ostriches before remaining true to his anarchist roots by walking out before the final.

No comments:

Post a Comment