Monday, June 30, 2008

Mamma Mia Most Fun EVER!


Yippee!! I've been holding my breath, hoping that this one would be good. And now, an absolutely RAVE review has come from London, where Mamma Mia has its world premiere today. We get it in the US July 18.
The Hollywood Reporter:

No matter how many blockbusters there are, Universal Pictures' screen version of the global hit stage musical "Mamma Mia!" is the most fun to be had at the movies this or any other recent summer.

Teenage boys may be glued to the latest action adventure, but the rest of the family will be having a rollicking good time and dancing in the aisles to Swedish pop group ABBA's irresistible songs. It's a delightful piece of filmmaking with a marvelous cast topped by Meryl Streep in one of her smartest and most entertaining performances ever.
Read the rest here!

2 comments:

  1. I had the pleasure of seeing this play nearly 8 years ago and loved it. I remember singing and dancing to the songs, never staying put in my seat. I wonder how I will mangage seeing this moving and be able to sit still and keep my mouth shut...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen the stage show, but who doesn't love Abba songs? Everyone will be singing along.

    ReplyDelete