Sunday, June 15, 2008

Christopher Eccleston joins Swank in Amelia


Yippee! WENN:

Former Dr. Who star Christopher Eccleston is set to travel back in time again as aviator Amelia Earhart's final co-pilot.

The British actor will play opposite Hilary Swank, Ewan McGregor and Richard Gere in forthcoming biopic Amelia.

He'll portray Earhart's navigator Fred Noonan, who was with the famous aviator when she disappeared over the Pacific while attempting to circumnavigate the globe in 1937.

I adored Eccleston as Dr. Who, and I've been hoping to see him on the big screen. Swank I think will be perfect as Amelia Earhart. Coolio!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't recognize him, so I looked him up on IMDB. Now I know him. He was in Shallow Grave! That is one of Tom's all time favorite movies. Did you see it? He was also in A Price Above Rubies. That was a GREAT movie too. Sounds like you are right, Amelia has the makings to be a good movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never realized Chris Eccleston did a movie with Ewan McGregor. One to add to the Netflix queue! Thanks for the tip. I also loved A Price Above Rubies. Great little movie.

    ReplyDelete