Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Pet Shop Boys In Surburbia - Literally

How would you react if the Pet Shop Boys knocked on your door?  They did just that and gave a private concert in a fan's living room:
MasterCard has been the proud sponsor of The BRIT Awards for 12 years and to celebrate 30 years of the BRITs and thank music fans across the country for their passion and support, MasterCard devised the ultimate Priceless experience - a once in a life time opportunity for a member of the British public to win a BRIT Award winner playing live in their very own living room.
Lorraine Sands, a Project Manager from Twickenham won the prize. ‘When I opened the front door and saw Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe standing on my doorstep I thought I must be hallucinating! I’ve been a massive Pet Shop Boys fan for over twenty years and to have them play a gig right in my front room, for just me and my closest friends, was too good to be true!"
She had to write 600 words on why she should win a personal show by a Brit Award winner, answer a Brit Awards quiz and send in a photograph of herself in an unusual place.  When the Pet Shop Boys arrived,  all the furniture was removed from her living room, and they set up a video screen and all their equipment, giving her an intimate version of their arena show:


Watch the whole thing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment