Tuesday, February 2, 2010

James Cameron wants Kathryn Bigelow to win the Oscar

 

Who wants Kathryn Bigelow to win the Oscar for The Hurt Locker?  Her ex-husband James Cameron, that's who.  In a very gracious statement, the Avatar director said about the nominations today:
"I always believe it's very unlikely that lightning will strike twice. I believe it's very unlikely that we will win because I made such a jackass out of myself last time. Although there might be some curiosity about what I might do. The Hurt Locker is a very, very strong picture. Of the contenders, it's definitely the strongest. Certainly it's Kathryn's moment. I would happily lose to her. I've already got one of those damn statues. I'd be pissed off if somebody else won, but I wouldn't mind if she won."

Hat tip:  Perez Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment