Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Director Kathryn Bigelow talks about The Hurt Locker



When James Cameron walked up to the podium Sunday night at the Golden Globes, he said what I was thinking, "I thought Kathryn would be up here."

I realized as he gave his very pompous speech, and again for Best Picture, how much I really want Kathryn Bigelow to be the first woman to win Best Director for The Hurt Locker.

The Golden Globes are not necessarily a bell weather for the Oscars (Robert Downey Jr. for Sherlock Holmes?! - good speech though).

I do think judging from the reactions of the audience that Jeff Bridges is a lock for Best Actor, Mo'nique for Supporting, and Christoph Waltz for supporting actor. Anything can happen in the 6 weeks we have left, and I still have high hopes for Kathryn, and The Hurt Locker. Here's a video of Kathryn talking about her movie on the site Making Of.

No comments:

Post a Comment