Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Remake of The Prisoner on AMC


I just read on /Film that AMC is going to air an update of The Prisoner this fall. My husband is a huge fan of the original 1967 British TV series and we own every episode on DVD. I was outraged, until I read that Ian McKellan will play Number Two. NOW, I can't wait, even if Jim Caviezel is Number 6 (wouldn't have been my first choice to replace Patrick McGoohan).

In the original, McGoohan’s Number Six was explicitly an intelligence agent who, upon his unexpected retirement, is kidnapped and sent to a mysterious seaside village/prison where other prisoners and the enigmatic Number Two used unusual methods to toy with his mental state and evaluate what information he holds secret.




Here's the opener of the original classic series:


Just told my sons about this, and my 12 year old said, "You mean that weird TV show with the giant white balls? I didn't understand any of that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment