Monday, June 22, 2009

Get Out theTissues



Terminallly ill 10-year-old Colby Curtin's last wish was to see the Pixar film, Up, but she was too sick to go to a movie theater when the film was released. A family friend phoned Pixar, leaping through the voice mail system by guessing at an employee name. On June 10, Pixar flew an employee with a copy of Up on DVD to Colby's Huntington Beach, Calif. home. Colby was in too much pain to keep her eyes open during the movie, so her mother narrated the action to her. The movie reached her just in time, as she died seven hours later.

"When I watched it, I had really no idea about the content of the theme of the movie," her mother, Lisa Curtin, told the OC Register. "I just know that word 'Up' and all of the balloons and I swear to you, for me it meant that [Colby] was going to go up. Up to heaven."
Read the whole story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment