Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hugh Jackman won't be hosting the Oscars


I started wailing, "Noooooooo!" when I read this on Variety.com. My son came in and asked me who died! Hugh Jackman won't be back to host the Oscars, and I am very disappointed. At least he left the door open for another year.
The thesp, who's starring on Broadway with Daniel Craig in the drama "A Steady Rain," quietly turned down the job within the past few weeks, sources said.
Jackman drew praise for his first Oscar hosting gig in February under producer Laurence Mark and exec producer Bill Condon. He may take on hosting duties again in the future, but it's understood that he didn't want to do the show two years in a row.
Well, with Adam Shankman producing, there's still hope for a song and dance man. Maybe Neil Patrick Harris is ready? Or even bring back Billy Crystal who can do funny and killer opening numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment