Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Single Man Trailer

I've been waiting for this one. It's getting great reviews in Venice at the film festival, and Colin Firth won Best Actor there.

Some of those shots of Matthew Goode are beyond gorgeous!

The film is the first directed by Tom Ford, the famous fashion designer, who also co-wrote the film.

Firth, who plays a gay professor mourning the death of his partner in Ford's adaptation of Christopher Isherwood's landmark 1964 novel, said on accepting the Volpi Cup: "I'm here for the gift that Tom Ford gave me."

The 48-year-old fashion designer "had a cause that he put in my hands, so it became a very important thing for me as well", Firth said.

Ford told AFP earlier: "I didn't want this to be a 'gay film.' It's a universal film, about love and connection ... The character happens to be gay, so what?"

No comments:

Post a Comment