Friday, March 27, 2009

Nicolas Cage is The Sorcerer -- I kid you not



The Rock in a remake of Escape From Witch Mountain. This, I can deal with. Nicolas Cage as the frickin' Sorcerer in a remake of the famous Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey Mouse cartoon from Fantasia??!! Are you f***ing kidding me? Just look at this picture. The man has become a parody of himself.

I can't help but agree with Cinematical:

...Nicolas Cage as the sorcerer, who is apparently ripping his look off Hugh Jackman's Gabriel Van Helsing. All that's missing is Kate Beckinsale, a crossbow, and a conditioning treatment to better copy Jackman's flowing locks. Once he gets those, my attraction to Jackman's fedora will be quenched.

The only thing that has me curious about this movie is how Baruchel ends up as his apprentice. Because if I was approached by a "magician" who looked like that, I'd run screaming the other way.

1 comment:

  1. Give the producers credit - make up and costuming is everything and I think Cage is the one to pull it off big time.

    The Granny with every intention of seeing this movie.

    ReplyDelete