Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Favorite Thanksgiving Day Movies

To celebrate Thanksgiving, here are a few of my favorite Thanksgiving films.

Home for the Holidays, Jodie Foster's directorial debut, is underrated. It has Holly Hunter, Anne Bancroft, and Robert Downey Jr. as the hilarious gay brother. It's one of my favorite roles for Robert.  Just watch "The Turkey Scene" and try not to die laughing.




Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. The classic!  "Those aren't pillows!"  LOL


Pieces of April - a Katie Holmes film I actually like. This movie is very funny, and extremely touching.  Katie Holmes plays a girl trying to host her family for Thanksgiving for the first time.  Her apartment oven stops working, so she has to involve all her neighbors to help make the meal.  I think this is the first film where I saw Patricia Clarkson who plays the mother. She is amazing in this film. Oliver Platt is also excellent as the father.


Someone has also posted the whole film here on Youtube.

Woody Allen's Hannah and Her Sisters and The Ice Storm also revolve around Thanksgiving, but the above three are my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment