Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Hugh Jackman and Robert Pattinson in the SAME movie?!


Be still my heart! Just read this amazing news on Rope of Silicon:

Rachel Weisz and Hugh Jackman ... are set to join the latest young Hollywood heart throb, Twilight’s Robert Pattinson in Unbound Captives, a period drama to be directed by Madeleine Stowe. The film will mark Stowe’s directorial debut and for those that don’t recognize the name, I would say the best role to remind you of her would be her turn opposite Daniel Day-Lewis in The Last of the Mohicans as Cora Munro. Bells ringing now?

Stowe also penned the script for Unbound Captives, which was originally envisioned for her to star in but that was before she was able to land such a stellar cast. Now, Weisz will play the lead female role, a woman whose husband is killed and her two children kidnapped by a Comanche war party in 1859. She is rescued by a frontiersman, to be played by Jackman. Pattinson will play the son.

This may be a film to keep a serious eye on as the Variety article carrying the news says Fox offered her upwards of $5 million for the script with the expectation it would be directed by Ridley Scott and star Russell Crowe, a couple of fellas known for turning in some worthwhile features.

Variety carries a quote from Stowe, talking about turning down the Fox offer, saying, “There was never a moment’s hesitation on my part, but it felt unreal, and I can remember my husband putting a finger across his neck to signal not to take the offer,” Stowe said. “There are moments in life where you need to follow your heart. The script remained my singular focus, but directing it myself wasn’t something I ever dreamed of.”

The film is currently eyeing a year-end production start.


Very cool to have a woman director, and I can very much see Hugh and Rachel in a period piece. Whoo boy! This just made my day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment